Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Knitting Among the Roses





A few days ago my friend Kacy and I met to catch up and enjoy a late summer afternoon. We scouted out a spot on the lawn at the beautiful Morcom Rose Garden and set about knitting, chatting and eating yummy homemade guacamole and home grown tomatoes.



The garden is surrounded by redwoods and the roses are still going strong, though the brown grass and leaves betrayed that summer has nearly run it's course.





While Kacy worked on an intarsia project I got a nice chunk of my sweater's left front finished.
Kacy is a super accomplished knitting pattern designer, check her out here.  She has also done work with Fiber Shed in the Bay Area. If you're interested in supporting the return of the California wool industry you've got to check them out!

Doubtless next time we get together for a knitting date it will be in a fall coffee shop instead of a summer lawn but that's something I have to say I'm looking forward to for it's own reasons. Hot chocolate being chief among them : )




No comments:

Post a Comment